Apply to the Community Fund
Applications need not be complex, but they must include a budget - including named individuals who will be responsible for installation and maintenance, and a budget for maintenance (if applicable).
Applications must spell out in detail how the project or program will specifically aid Palisades residents. For example, a service proposal should stipulate the number of Palisades residents who participate or are served.
All proposals should clearly describe their novel contribution to the community, explaining the specific need the project meets.
All applications must include name and phone/email of someone who can answer questions about the proposal.
Please follow the following format when applying for a grant:
1. BASIC INFORMATION
- Name and address of Requesting Group or Organization
- Principal Sponsors/Contact Persons (names, roles, address, telephone numbers, fax, email)
- Organization's Operating Budget, if applicable
- Other Sponsors, if any
II. PROJECT INFORMATION
- Name of Project
- Status: New or Ongoing
- If ongoing, please provide (a) project start date/month, (b) the operating budget
- Project Objectives
- Project Description: Including life of project and specific compliance with Palisades Community Fund Criteria
- Project Budget, including projected time of expenditures over the life of this request.
- Plans for Implementation and Evaluation: Specify how success will be defined and measured; how frequently, starting when?
III. AMOUNT OF THIS REQUEST
Specify parts of project to be financed by the requested funds and period of time covered by this request.
IV. OTHER DONORS
Specify amounts from other sources -- e.g. foundation grants, large individual gifts and general donations, or an operating budget -- and whether these funds are promised or received.
V. ONGOING PROJECTS
Provide current status report for entire project; How previous PCF and other grant funds have been used and how much are unspent and why.
VI. SIGNATURES OF PRINCIPAL SPONSORS AND DATE OF REQUEST
Other General Instructions and Information
Please present this request on no more than five typewritten, double-spaced pages.
Completed requests should be sent to:
Chair, Palisades Community Fund
PO Box 40603, Palisades Station
Washington, DC 20016
or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The criteria for grants are contained in Part IV of the PCF Committee's Operating procedures and are:
- Meets the requirements of the Foundation for the National Capital Region, e.g. Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c)(3) requirements
- Has a substantial Palisades Community impact, i.e. the proposed project should be located physically within the Palisades Community, or should have a potentially significant effect on a substantial number of Palisades community residents.
- Promotes charitable activities, cultural enrichment, community service or education, economic improvement or environmental enhancement.
The Palisades Community Fund Committee meets twice a year to consider requests for grants.
For consideration at its spring meeting, requests should be submitted no later than April 30.
For consideration at the fall meeting, requests should be submitted by October 30.
Please be advised that grant recipients are required to provide a final report/ financial accountability document upon completion of the Project.
For additional information, please contact 202-363-7441.