Meets the 3rd Thursday of every month at Grand Oaks.
For further information call Elaine Lozier at 202-686-1229.
Lee R. Wilson, President: 202-966-4418
- Mostly Fiction Book Club - 3rd Tuesdays 7:30pm
- Film Club - 2nd Tuesday 4:00pm
- Young Adult Literature Discussion - 4th Tuesday 4:00pm
- Speak Easy Salon - 2nd Wednesday 3:30pm
- Dear America Book Club (ages 5-12) – 3rd Thursday 4:00 pm
- Graphic Novel Book Club (ages 5-12) – 4th Wednesday 3:30pm
Boys living in the Palisades community are served by several Boy Scout Troops. All are presently accepting new members. Boys may join at age 11, or when they have finished fifth grade, or when they have "graduated" up from Cub Scouts. Call the Scoutmaster of each troop for more information.
- Troop 61 -- Meets Thursdays at 7:00 p.m. at Palisades Community Church at 5200 Cathedral Ave. For more info check out www.dctroop.org or email DCTroop@gmail.com.
- Troop 100 -- Meets Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. at St. Ann's Roman Catholic Church on Tenley Circle. Scoutmaster -- John Le Mon 202-686-6727. More info at www.CenturyTroop.com
- Troop 666 -- Meets Monday at 7:30 p.m. at the Metropolitan Methodist Church on Nebraska Avenue. Scoutmaster -- Philip Braswell 202-338-3670.
- Troop 1946 -- Meets Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. at the National Presbyterian Church on Nebraska Ave. at Van Ness. Scoutmaster -- Brian Nielsen 202-363-0186. More info at www.Troop1946.org
Cub Scouts Packs 61 and 100 meet at Palisades Community Church at 5200 Cathedral Ave. (Open to boys grades 1 through 5). For more information, call Christopher Barr at 202-328-2251.
Call Pat Jayne at 202-328-2251 to get information for troops for all ages.